Doctor Ent Dey [Song]

DOCTOR ENT DEY
Blakie (1965)

Doctor, please take this warning
Am giving you, and you better do something
I tired put this thing in your brain
But all I try is the bloody same
Me and you sit down and draft a plan
How easy we go trap these hooligans
But since the riot start back in the place
From that day I can't see the Doctor face.

Chorus:
Every day I ring where he living
The Doctor ent dey
I ring Governor House in the evening
The Doctor ent dey
Then I ring the White House
His secretary come to explain,
"I'm sorry, Blakie, the Doctor left this morning by plane."

Doctor, I find you getting on funny
I talking mih mind, believe the Lord Blakie
I believe is 'fraid you 'fraid
Of San Juan All Stars and Renegades
But remember, you is the leader
All you got to do is to pass an order
Before you see about your territory
You chartering plane and flying from country to country.

Dr Williams, take Lord Blakie advice
If you want Trinidad to be really nice
To stifle my conscience, that I can't do
Trinidad and Tobago depend on you
I doh want when I watch the daily paper
You talking and smiling with Nkrumah
Nk smiling... Why? He have cause
He seeing 'bout he country, you see 'bout yours.

....................................................................................................


A Note From The Gull

After conspicuously evading public debate on the issue of the proposed smelter plants the Government finally noticed that things were "getting out of hand" and decided to respond. Better late than never, that's what I say, and with guarded optimism, I welcome the announcement made yesterday that there will be a public symposium on the issue.

Chatham residents believe that they have good reason for continued caution and will stay on alert.

Putting all grains of salt and cynicism aside, I want to believe that our Government will now seriously consider the concerns of the people.

On the matter of things getting out of hand, that has got to be the understatement of the century. Wasn't it the disregard for the citizenry that was getting out of hand and what of all the other runaway ills. We'd be lucky if proposed smelters were the only problems requiring urgent attention. Turn the spotlight also on all the existing manufacturing plants and business places pumping poison into the air and flushing untreated waste into our waterways. Turn the spotlight also on all the farmers who are quietly continuing to douse our food with chemicals. Turn the spotlight also on all the brutalized people who don’t have a clue about how to rescue themselves, and are transferring it all to the children. Things are certainly getting out of hand, but most Trinidadians still care. We still fighting here.

So...
Doh out de flambeau
Doh leggo de bois
Fight on for prevention
Doh settle for cure.
---Guanaguanare

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Thank you Blakie.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: